Ever since I passed through my 22nd birthday I am cascaded with questions like when and how and where and with whom I am planning to get married. Questions like that are so natural when each passing day is adding numbers to your age, I find it strange and hard to consider it, All my childhood I promised to not marry because I had deduced that men are worst as husbands. Having no personal experience I tended to base my hypothetical theories on other’s experiences on their failed marriages and their about to be broken highly compromising wed-locks! But suddenly I want to be a part of it, to experience all of it myself; I reckon that is also the implied part and parcel of 22 and growing hence the ordeal of collecting the points of my ideal match:
1) Adherence to Religion: It’ll be marvelous if he not only learns and practices but also help me do the same.
2) Somehow manages with my pseudo intellect that I so outrageously claim to possess and boisterously flaunt my ignorance believing its wisdom.
3) Very good sense of humor: to help me with mine. I think my humor is rottening in the pickle bottle.
4) Patience: yes, this godammed virtue is of utter importance to. Specifically to deal with a complete disaster like me.
5) Maturity: Simply to handle me, He will have to tackle an issue like myself, very sensibly and to support/save this world from the disaster that I so am in myself; I think they all will be perpetually thankful to him for that.
6) Organization: yup, I’m a whirlpool of complete organized mess. I think it’s high time someone change me well.
7) Mental Alertness: I don’t even know what does this supposed to mean 😛
8) Good taste in books: This according to me is, that he’s read all what I’ve read and even more and never boasts of the fact. Willing to read me GOST and then lend me a shoulder to cry on it.
8 1/2) Reads my unruly literary genius, devours it and praise my wisdom (on a second more rational thought, the later is not a requisite)
9) Loves chocolate and able to share it. And for that matter all the good things in life.
10) I’ve never considered the how does/should he look like part, although I am eternally in love with beards, maybe because the first urdu novels I was fed on in my childhood, were Hijazi’s and that improved my notion of perfection in ideal matches, a lot. Despite I have always adored Eric, at the back of my mind I was sure that he’ll grow a beard to look like a man too. And since I thrive on religion it soothes that part too. The rest Allah knows, Good looks as a perquisite will be highly overwhelmingly good. 😛
11) Loving Nature: which doesn’t include the display of it, specially to all the female colleagues he has.
12) Loves kids: because, the more the better 😛
13) Loves pets: but doesn’t make a zoo out of it
14) Respect: He should greatly have it, and teaches me some too!
15) Carving Knowledge: the ‘Something’ of ‘everything’ part. Elm is the lost May’eraj of momin after all.
16) Observer: of nature, takes time to ponder on how sophisticatedly beautiful Allah has made this world for us. Allah tells/asks us so!
17) Gentle: and it also includes being polite, because I think I am. Alhamdolilah.
18) Career: for myself, I think for women the best career lies in the wifehood and the motherhood that comes naturally from the former.
19) Someone who believes in smiling, in little gifts, short quips and that flying is so hell possible. If not in this world, InshAllah ta’ala in the hereafter!
To all the ado of ideal match, the simplest yet the toughest doesn’t lie in the ‘how rich’ or ‘how cool’ or ‘what car’ or ‘how old’ Etc. My words always come down on my face as spit when I am unable to defend them, but right now, I think it is just about someone who has a beautiful heart and a beautiful mind – an amalgamation of religion and intellect.
But then, Do I deserve something like that? I, someone so extraordinarily ordinary deserves someone so amazing?
Sadly the answer is no. I kneel down to Allah. Please help me, grant me the best. Amen.
Sad and aware!
Feb 15, 2009.